Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

A Year of Happy Mail!

While getting lost on Pinterest one day, I came across this post about Happy Mail. The idea is to choose one person in your life each month to send something happy to. The "something" is sent through snail mail and has no other purpose than to bring a smile to that person's face.

I made out of list of people and was careful not to plan them on the same month as their birthday. My sister was Miss January. I had a theme of yellow and stars (which she loves) for her as she was going through a tough time. The kids saw what I was doing and asked to get involved.

I wanted to share with people how simple, but special this can be. It really had an effect on my sister.

I would encourage everyone to do this. It cost me less than $20.

The box includes:
lemon drink mix
saladitos ( we used to eat these as kids)
a card from me (made with my printer and stickers I had at home)
a card each from the kids (I folded a 12x12 scrapbook paper into an envelope and the kids wrote on printer paper)
white chocolate bar
yellow glow stick
bag of M&Ms
and a tshirt I made at home with her favorite character on it

Happy Homeschooling!
Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment