Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week 4, 3rd Quarter 1/3-1/7/2011

So I said I was going to try and take pictures this week, but I didn't have batteries until Thursday! I am set for next week though and have my camera sitting on the workbox! No way I can forget right, right.

Morning Meeting - Words of the day (satisfied, beckoned, amazing, gleam, and tidy), calendar work, made flat trav for Pennsylvania. We received our flat on Friday.


Science - Matter and it's Particulate Nature
*We did a simple experiment with blowing bubbles in soapy water. We also ripped up some paper.

History - Ch. 7, Hammurabi
*We are going to have to push this to next week. I ran out of printer paper and we just didn't have time to even read the selection.
Math

*Still loving MEP.
FIAR - Beatrix Potter selections
*I adore these stories. I am going to just finish the book with my daughter.


Language Arts

*We are trying the program Funnix based on the Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. There are two levels, so each kid is trying it out.

Nature Study - Bird tails
*Focus was much better this week.
Art - Color Wheel and Cub Scout Art belt loop
*Daddy will be teaching the kids about the color wheel on Sunday and the kids and I will be making an Elements or Art book.
Life Skills - honesty and cleanliness

Silent Reading

*Optimus has started reading the Magic Tree House series. He wanted to make a deal with me that if he finished one book, I would buy him the next. DEAL!
Happy Homeschooling!
Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment