Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year and a Fresh Start

Now that Christmas is over and we are mostly settled in to the new house (don't mind the boxes in the background!). It's time to make those New Year resolutions. I feel like this is going to be a great year for us. I am so excited about the things we have planned and our current situation.

I have a few New Year's resolutions. I make a resolution each year, but have never followed through with keeping them an entire year. Perhaps if I cronicle them on the blog, like a journal, I will keep up with them.

#1 Get fit.
I am not making a resolution to loose a specific amount of weight or to exercise a certain number of times a week. Those just have never worked to keep me inspired enough to do it. All I want is to be more physically active with the kids. I want to be able to play football (really play) by Thanksgiving. Last Thanksgiving we talked about playing football afterwards. I thing that sounds like a lot of fun. There is a really big park near our new home and it would be perfect for this purpose. I know I'm thinking almost a year away, but that is my goal.

#2 Play with the kids more often.
I am a homeschooling mom, so I am with my kids nearly 24/7. You would think that meant that we played all the time, not so for me. Our routine has been more like: make food, eat/clean, lessons, eat/clean, lessons, free time, eat/clean, movie, bedtime routine, sleep. With my free time I am usually going through emails, watching tv, reading or planning homeschool stuff. I am going to set aside my a half hour of my free time to just PLAY with the kids. I am also "scheduling" dates with each kid individually.

#3 Blog more.
The key to this will most likely be to write blogs ahead of time and schedule them to be posted. I really like blogging about our life and the things we do. It has taken the place of scrapbooking for me. So, one those nights I can't sleep or the mornings I wake up at 4am, I am going to remember to blog a few extra entries.

What are your New Year's resolutions?

take care,
Michele

1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to type up my blogs ahead of time as well. I also want to get fit, save more money.

    ReplyDelete